View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3920413)   #33
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An interesting little discussion on how people arrive at their own Team of the Grand Prix, especially the contribution from Richard. My own method goes a bit like this:
  • We have a separate "Driver" poll so I judge the "Team" poll on the merits of the car (including the engine), the mechanics, the strategy and possibly even a television interview with the team principal if it is notably interesting.
  • For me, the "Grand Prix" is qualifying and the race, with priority given to the race. Practice doesn't really count.
  • The object of a race is to win, so the front runners will always be favoured in my assessment. Sad to say, Williams would have to do more than luck into a single point while their other car breaks down to get my TOGP.
No doubt, if you were to analyse my past TOGPs, that would turn out to be utter rubbish.