View Single Post
Old 10 May 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3821271)   #276
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I remember he suffered some nerve damage in that crash and that nerve damage crippled his ability to drive.

Wikipedia gives the following summary.....

Tiemann was seriously injured in a heavy crash during an International GT Open race at Imola on May 23, 2010. Tiemann, who was driving an Audi R8, collided with another car at the rolling start and was forced into a retaining wall at high speed. He sustained brain trauma, a fractured vertebra and broken ribs in the impact, and was placed in a medically induced coma to assist his recovery. He later regained consciousness and mostly recovered, but has been unable to race since due to the neurological damage and vision problems he still suffers from as a result of the accident.

This ties in with the information that I have been told..........I believe Marcel lives in Ibiza...........he was one of the good guys............it still seems strange to think of the Nürburgring 24 happening without him being on the grid.....