Old 18 Oct 2011, 00:38 (Ref:2973044)   #4
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
AMP Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
A total incompetent Moron of the highest order he is. He is a clown that knows zero of what he talks about.

I'm a driver and there are risks in the particular work I do, I get hit hard sometimes and I've been hurt mildly. But we endeavor to make it as safe as reasonably possible and everyone I know that has a brain or lasts long in the business has the same goal. Whatever work we might be doing we want people to learn or to have fun and enjoy the day on track. Not to go home on a life flight chopper or dead in a box. I watched a guy get lifeflighted earlier this year in a stupid accident that should have never happened and I demanded and still demand changes to be made. If that doesn't make me popular I don't give a damn. Fortunately that guy ended up alright after a night in the hospital.

I have happened over the years to work with ex irl drivers that have been mangled or disabled permanently from tony george's little fantasy. They were guys just trying to enjoy motor sport, earn a living and to do so driving stupid cars on stupid tracks they should have never been on. The thing that people never see or care about is what happens after the headlines are gone, when these guys struggle with their injuries or end up with emotional, relationship and financial issues and struggle to survive.

Yes there is danger at speed and when physics come into play, but when you have a series that for 15 years just gets more dangerous and careless with a total disregard for safety or common sense, I have to put my foot down and call them on the carpet. Others need to grow a backbone and do the same or next time it is going to be a 1955 Le Mans accident where dozens or hundreds of fans get killed and what I ask will become of motorsport in the USA then?
+1, thanks for reading the link mountainstar, this guy has GOT TO GO.