Old 19 Oct 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2973734)   #22
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He did deliberately compromise safety by allowing 34 cars when LVMS specifically only asked for 28(too many halfwits on track), he also did so by originally coming up with the stupid idea to put outsiders into the race and then agreeing to Curt Cavein's ridiculous idea to have Wheldon race for the money thru a field of halfwits. He also deliberately compromises safety by allowing people with a long, long, long history of incompetence to work in race control and by having a completely incompetent and ill prepared "safety team" on hand.
15 cars were involved in the accident, not 34. Even when you consider other cars around that avoided it all, it was not the whole field involved. This accident could have just as easily happened if there were 20 cars on the grid.

As for Wheldon racing from the back for the money, I fail to see how this could have caused the problem. Considering he was collected in someone elses accident, it was no different than if his car broke down in qualy and he had to start from the back of the grid. And he's a racing driver, I don't think he has driven at 90% throughout his career but thought he'd put the extra effort he never used at Indy to grab $5 million.

I'd like to know how incompetance in race control contributed to this accident, and how many injuries can be attributed to race control, and whether anyone has even questioned how good the indycar safety team is. And deliberate?! What would anyone gain from having a deliberately bad safety team? That's ridiculous!

It is lucky you are only posting this on here, because if some of this was published Berhard would have sued against these comments well before any legal action would be taken against the series.