View Single Post
Old 15 May 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3822704)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just 3 things and it's fixed!

Dump the Chase to make a true championship again. It was changed to award winning and they've really not done that yet, so either change the points to show 100 pts for a win, 50 pts for second, then 20 or some incremental drop to where 0 points are awarded for 26 plus.
OR
Go back to pre Chase points as the OP says. I like the idea of double pts for the big races.

Fix the plate tracks. Your biggest race of the year is a complete joke; the other 3 plate races are dumpster fires.

Dump the stages

Fixed.

I'd like to see a dirt track, more short tracks, 2 races at Darlington, 1 at the Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I am someone who has not followed NASCAR much at all since 2001. But I care enough to think that these changes could help:

5. Get rid of lucky dog rule.

6. More road races. Increase from the current 3 to at least 5: Daytona July race can be on the road course. Circuit of the Americas should replace one of the cookie cutter 1.5 mile track dates.
Agree with you mostly . However:
Lucky dog I'm fine with outside the name, but I wouldn't care if it went away.

COTA for a race and Daytona July race on the road course? I think both would be awful. Tap another market like Portland for a road course. Road America, Mid Ohio and some others would be better, but I'd watch COTA over Kansas.

Quote:
start holding double header races. Two 250 mile races. One on Sat. One on Sun.
I like this idea. Or make 2 or 3 races per year that have heat races. Definitely need to invert the fields for second race!!