View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3845784)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum!

I "think" I understand what you are asking. It is 1989 and the current drivers have been magically transported back to that time period? Are drivers of that era gone? Do the current drivers have any type of history (i.e. records of wins, etc.)? You specifically ask if anyone would support Verstappen or Leclerc. Given they are driving today (and Verstappen is rated by a large number) and are somewhat of a known quantity (maybe less so for Leclerc) I am not sure I understand the question. Are you expecting team principles to push younger, but established drivers out of the series just because they are younger than what might have been typical in "real" 1989?

Now, if you were to rewind the clock to before Verstappen and Leclerc joined, give them some type of history in junior series and then ask if this was 1989 would they get a shot at F1, that is maybe a better question?

Overall... This is such of an alternative history thought experiment that it's hard to quantify the possibilities not to mention expect many to agree on what might have happened.

Richard