View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3848495)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Goodwood is sui generis really , and such is its profile that it was inevitable that superstar drivers and hot rod cars would become ubiquitous. But take a typical HSCC or CSCC meeting and things are much saner , and people like Needell , Attwood and Watts (et al )seem to rub along fine with 'civilians ' .
Yes, whilst Goodwood is the stand out, my point was more that the other events; MRL; HSCC etc. are now attracting the star drivers to the extent that the amateurs are being sidelined. As to hot rods, I wasn't thinking in those terms just that development is becoming the norm rather than the exception and it is expensive to keep up.

In my case my car is built to the exact specification, in which it ran in period. However in period you could run other bits as long as they were homologated under the Blue Book of the period. My car and at least three others of the same model did not run, what every Rover, other than mine, is running now, even though it was homologated.

This is not a complaint since I know what to do to make my car a bit more competitive and stay within the rules of "as it was run in period", but because the major teams are getting involved the level of prep has gone up. Even I need a support team for my car.

Should have added: Yes Patrick W, Tim H, Tiff and the others are always pleasant and generally polite on track.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 6 Sep 2018 at 14:28.