View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2020, 23:05 (Ref:3957326)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why is it always assumed that what we have now in the way of EVs are what we will have in the future? After all, the ICE of today bears no resemblance to what we see in the London to Brighton Run.

I've been doing a bit of research online, and I've found some postings from X-Xths dated January 1900:

"These stupid petrol engines, they're useless compared to a horse. Five miles per hour following a man with a red flag? WTF use is that, my horse goes faster blindfold. And they can't go more than a few miles without breaking down and needing adjustment. Any horse worth its salt will go for hours without slowing down. And they leak oil and leave stains all over the place! When my horse relieves itself it soaks into the ground, and its manure cultivates my roses. I'd like to see a car doing that...."

Plus ca change as Gerry Mo would say.