Old 20 Apr 2018, 22:31 (Ref:3816710)   #65
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
R.Lee, I think my (and others) negativity ran off canamman, which stinks because I see him twice a year at Road Atlanta and I'm sure he's still watching, just not posting. Others who posted when I started here, just don't watch anymore...
I exchanged private messages here with him, a couple of weeks ago. I sent him one and he was looking for me at the same time. He was looking for me, wondering if I had gone to Dixie Speedway for the American Flat Track motorcycle races. After attending the Flat Track races there, last year, he became a big fan and follows the series on fanschoice.tv and NBCSN. it was pure luck that we happened to meet at the track there. He is a GREAT guy! We are keeping in touch here, following and discussing the Flat Track races via PM. He said that he had been posting on another forum that was allot more positive toward NASCAR. He mentioned a lot of negativity here against NASCAR and that being a NASCAR fan, he did not appreciate that, so he doesn't post here anymore. He did not mention any names, isn't mad at anyone, just that he did not like all the negativity toward NASCAR. Believe me, I FULLY understand where he is coming from there. That is why I so LOATH, HATE or whatever, road-racing, sports car and formula car racing, PARTICULARY those that run at the other race, in Indiana, in May. I have had to put up with those fans and their HATRED, negativity, insults, arrogance and rudeness toward NASCAR, NASCAR racing, NASCAR drivers, teams and fans for practically all of my life. I say practically all of my life because I have been following NASCAR and other stock car racing series since I was 5 years old and I am about 4 and a quarter months shy of being 65 years old now. I have been involved in wars of words, fights, etc., with fans of those series/forms of racing on the internet for a number of years and in a couple of incidences in actual fist-fights with them in person! All because they HATE everything NASCAR including NASCAR fans and though/think that they had/have the right to insult, disparage, etc., NASCAR fans because we don't share their opinions, happen to have a different opinion then theirs! What they have done, in the end is SERIOUSLY hurt their favorite form(s) of racing, because they made enemies out of so many NASCAR fans! I will have absolutely NOTHING to do with them or with their favorite form(s) of racing and the same is true for MANY NASCAR fans! Negativity is not a good thing and in most cases, I have found, the ones that promote the negativity are the ones that wind up suffering from it the most! That is why I would highly advise anyone not to be negative toward something that someone else happens to like, because the end result is seeing good people like canamman leave/not participate. Please understand this, I am not reading you the riot act or blaming you or anyone for running him or anyone off, just explaining that I understand why he left and giving my (very similar) experience with the same matter. Please do not take this the wrong way, I am not chastising you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I tried to get into other series but found time / access difficult.
Well, I can't get into any other series/forms of racing. Simply put, I am a stock car racing fan (NASCAR and other stock car racing series) and that is basically it. I do like drag racing, will watch an NHRA race, at times and as I mentioned above, LOVE Flat Track motorcycle racing, but that is it! Nothing else, racing wise, even remotely interests or attracts me. Plus, as I said above, the fans of those other series/forms of racing made me a life long enemy! Please bear in mind, I am not saying ALL fans of those forms of racing/series are like that, I have run into a few that have been decent toward me and have no axe to grind, but the MAJORITY of the ones that I have had dealing with, on the internet and in real life have been. It is what it is and I guess that is all that can be said. Also, I am not saying that there are not some NASCAR fans that can be just as rude, hateful, etc.. Those types are everywhere, in every series of racing, but the fact for me is that I have run into FAR, FAR, FAR fewer NASCAR fans like that, than in other racing series/forms of racing. Like I said, it is what it is. Sorry that was so long. Take care.