View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2021, 23:18 (Ref:4056904)   #2
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in!

Although, I fear I may now be the only one on the forum doing it, as I think a couple of others on here who were hoping to do it have possibly withdrawn for various reasons.

Looking at the provisional entry list, the numbers do seem to be a little disappointingly low. I guess it's simply too far for many who are based way down south, but I think the club were hoping that the nature of the meeting - being a double-header and with the chance to try the circuit in both directions - would be enough to tempt a few more into making the journey.

But unless there's a late rush of entries (unlikely I guess), then it's looking like fairly low numbers in many of the races. So, from a purely personal perspective, this makes it more appealing to tick that particular box because, if the club don't at least break even on the meeting, then I imagine it's likely they won't return to the circuit for some time. Which means this may be the only chance to race there with CSCC for a long time to come. And as I've never raced there yet, I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Now we just have to hope the weather gods smile on us...