Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3843889)   #670
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't understand that logic. They already made new cars or updated existing chassis (Oreca Rebellion, ByKolles). That's an expense they took up just to run 2 maybe 3 years. Now the same teams and chassis manufacturers say they look forward to these new rules and there has been no talk about exploding budgets. The only thing I see about that is on threads like this and comments on motorsport websites. In fact I see the opposite. Glickenhaus has talked about entering. Aston Martin is talking about entering the successor of the Valkyrie. Ligier said they were looking forward to it. So did Oreca and ByKolles. If the new rules were such a big expense or hurdle I don't think we'd hear about most of this interest coming from the 'small' guys.

We'll see. I'm optimistic.
At some point last year, Ginetta was optimistic and reckoned they could sell 6 to 10 cars.