View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3030841)   #23
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himlar View Post
I have found one way of doing it, which I don't think has been covered here:

I do my design two-layered; on one layer I create the elevation, and on the other I design my track on a flat plate. After that, I extrude my flat track down towards my elevation layer, making sure that they intersect. After that, I use the "Intersect faces with model" option to actually "apply" the track to my elevation layer. Then it's just a lot of work left deleting surfaces and lines, and there's no way of correcting any mistakes (not that I have found, at least).

I'll have a go at that on one of my older simpler designs to see how it works

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk