View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3774882)   #66
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Hi all - I haven't been around here for a while so I apologize if I've missed posts on this topic. Has there been any hint at all who might be joining Scott Dixon at Ganassi? Kanaan is at Foyt, and I thought I heard that Kimball and Chilton were both done(?). Dixon's the only IndyCar driver shown on the CGR website right now.

Anything? Is Chip's IndyCar budget scuttled with the absence of Target? Were those pay drivers costing too much somehow (how?)? Am I asking too many silly questions?

Thanks.
So the hot rumor is Brendon Hartley, but nothing has been signed with him (apparently). He's also in contention for the Torro Rosso seat next year, so he might be holding off in hopes for an F1 ride, which has been his long held career ambition.

Felix Rosenqvist was first choice, and the attraction was mutual, but his Formula E ride for next year bars him from making a jump to IndyCar until 2019. Not sure if Chip will have the money then...

Chip's budget has decreased significantly. Charlie Kimball probably could have stayed at Ganassi had his budget from Novo Nordisk not been decreased for 2018. Chilton was going through an ugly growth spurt this past season, and frustration mounted on both his sides, and so the split was mutual.

Those two both want to stay in IndyCar, so the natural assumption is they return as teammates, this time with Carlin, which has aspirations to expand into IndyCar.

Chris