View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2840093)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
The other event will be a version of SuperRally. If you have ever seen an X Games 'rally' event, this is what we call SuperRally. So basically a car going head to head. I am not sure the exact format (is it X Games or ROC?) but will be head to head and run seperately from the Rallycross although probably with the same cars and drivers.
Yeah, I guessed it was the same format as the X-Games Rally has been run since X13. My only concern would be that they employ the same person(s) who designed the rally course at X-Games 16. The head-to-head element of the rally seemed very last minute and the complexity of the course made it more like Gymkhana then rally.

Hopefully lessons were learnt from that though and the course design will be more like that from X13 - 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
Does this help?
Sort of! I think my question may have been badly worded though. Will there be a championship for the head-to-head racing and a seperate championship for the rallycross (with a champion crowned for each at the end of 2011), or will all the drivers be expected to do the head-to-head and the rallycross, with just one overall champion crowned at the end of the year?