Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3948294)   #71
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think that's a point that was missed, by me among others. In the Group C days, there was just two prototype classes heavily populated by pros and quick gentlemen who were a match for the pros.

Today, you have four classes, two prototype and two GT classes. And even though it's not as bad as it could be most of the time, I'm still weary of some of the am/gentleman drivers, and I'm just a fan on the outside looking in.

There's plenty of good, even fast, gentleman drivers out there and good rookies who are low ranked on the medal system not because of talent but just inexperience and youth. But it takes only one bad apple to possibly spoil the whole bunch. Or one bad move to spoil someone's race in this case.

Mind you, we've seen some Platinum rated pros make some mistakes and bad calls on their part that ruined their own or someone else's race, too. It's called being human, and we're not infallible.