View Single Post
Old 20 May 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3977321)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Well for those who do clubbies in deepest darkest winter nothing has changed then,...we're used to manning up posts with minimal marshals!!!

Just looked at the guidance....1 post chief and 1 flag marshal per post could be tricky....especially with double waved yellow and safety car board, although not impossible.. depends on how the guidance determines 'post' though...could you for instance have 2 'posts' 5m apart, one for the blue flags, the other for yellows?

Also slightly confused with the part that says maximum 2 marshals per post, 1 post chief and one flag marshal...but it goes on to handle an incident....well neither of those can do it so you would require at least a 3rd marshal 'per post' surely? again, depends on their definition of a post I suppose.

It will probably mean more safety cars, red flags and use of fire tenders USA style but im sure people can cope with the 'disruption' while things get back to normal.

I guess there will be more disappointed people not being selected for more popular circuits and events too....but im sure people (hope people) would be understanding given the situation we are in.

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 20 May 2020 at 12:49.