View Single Post
Old 24 May 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3978059)   #37
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Exactly, they’ve lost the audience by putting it behind a paywall. It hasn’t worked with F1 either has it? Lessons need to be learned. The series needs to keep the interest from the public if it is to survive

I don’t blame you guys being upset with this short sighted move. I’m just grateful that over here the BTCC has had to good sense to keep it on FTA.
It's my opinion the casual viewer was hugely undervalued during the previous deal. Casual viewership is a massive market for sponsors and the sport. If you block-out these valuable viewers behind a paywall, you've not only lost financial opportunity for sponsors (and devalued potential team income) but you've eliminated the mechanism that your sport needs to grow its supporter base. (which results in improved track side ticket and corporate sponsorship sales at events)

Supercars have a good and entertaining product. I'm confident it can be salvaged, they just need to address their network reach and continuity for the casual viewer- and the most tried and tested method (in this country) to achieve this is through FTA.