View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4071958)   #11
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 does not need aero assistance, they have just convinced themselves and others that they do. It came about by chance and everyone in F1 blindly followed. Granted the cars would be a lot lot lot slower but I bet the racing would be more interesting if mechanical grip was the primary source of adhesion. The rabbit is out of the box and headed up the cul de sac and every few years someone bleats loud enough, the rules get changed and the result is usually worse or no better.

I am not convinced that next year will be radically different as I was not convinced the last two changes were going to affect the status quo and at the moment I am batting 100 not out on those two. The single biggest problem everyone agrees on is aero has stuffed F1 so getting rid of it seems to be the obvious answer but then I'm thick and don't get why it was ever allowed.

If cars were still relying on mechanical grip today and somewhere this season Mercedes decided to add a wing because some genius had come up with the idea RB & Marko would go beserk saying the thing breaks every rule known to man and should never be let into F1 ever. Excuse my ranting and I had better not keep going, my hatred of aero is starting to show.