View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2016, 08:21 (Ref:3606789)   #54
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Christ!

I had a dim recollection of his crash but not the extent of it!

The one of the car by the wood ote sleepers a couple of posts back looks horrendous too.
Chris's crash was a big bump, we looked at the car in the paddock later on, the whole shell had twisted. Chris had quite a nasty bump on the head as well and I don't think he was the same again. He carried on working (I bought a Mini Se7en cylinder head from him) but I don't think he ever raced again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOCCOWAYCER View Post
Hi Al,
Loving the picture, thanks for posting.
I'd forgotten we'd been to Mallory with the Metro's, that was '82 and thinking back the one thing I do remember is Paul Taft's sponsor, Roy Dunnett coming over to David in the Mallory paddock and saying, "I can just see you driving a tank David", as the Falklands war had been announced that morning !!!
Isn't it strange, the things you remember, I've no idea how David got on in the race !!
It must be an age thing.
Hi Ron, yes that was 1982. I'm pretty sure that Dave won the race at Mallory that day. I've a couple more pictures of him in that race and he gets progressively ahead of the pack of cars he's with...