View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3948909)   #20
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I hope not!
Already too far down the wrong path
Combustion engine racing is on the way out...

Francois Rebeiro, TCR category manager:
Quote:
If we all love combustion motorsport, and I think we do, the coming years will be brutal, violent. There will be decisions, in any championship, which will be so hard, so difficult, in every category of motorsport. Rallying, F1, touring cars, GT. The series that won't adapt to the energy transition of the automotive industry can die.
Are Supercars doing enough to prepare for the future!?

It seems Francois Rebeiro is far, far, far more on the pulse than Sean Seamer, which the Supercars category surely has to find alarming...

Therefore for Gen 3 I would propose:
- 2L turbocharged four cylinder engines producing 500hp, combined with a 150hp hybrid electric system, to retain the current 650hp.
- Flexible roll cage rules: but a decision needs to be made whether to require 2 door vehicles only (Mustang Ecoboost, BMW 830i etc) or 4 door vehicles only vehicles (Peugeot 508, Kia Stinger etc). Having sedans racing against coupes, as present, seems very sloppy.
- Significantly reduce homologation costs for a new manufacturer, including Supercars paying for homologations.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 29 Dec 2019 at 09:16.