View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2005, 04:15 (Ref:1396058)   #42
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Since you're a subscriber, I suggest you go through the archives to find my initial article on the team from Feb. 11.
I remember looking at that article at the time and wondering where, with all the headaches both PCM/Mid-America and GLPK-Carsport were getting over the particulars of the chassis being made available to them, this sudden clarity of future planning from GM/P&M came from.

I certainly don't think Corvette Racing isn't due blame here, they haven't really handled privateer cars terribly well. I just would've been a lot more pessimistic than I guess Tyler was. It's a shame, too, he seemed really motivated to be in the sportscar arena and we need people like that. I'm glad he's staying in the game, and I understand the foot-in-the-door mentality of the downpayment. I don't blame him for keeping his business solid, I'd just love to see PCM in the ALMS.

billnchristy: yadda-yadda, you can get down off the high horse now. I watch both GARRA and the ALMS for different reasons, ALMS because I like the technology and GARRA because I enjoy seeing certain drivers in any car. I readily pick on the ALMS's faults (in my eyes), and I was doing the same for what I perceive to be GARRA's.