View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2681958)   #92
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Well, this thread proves that we all have different views for different reasons...but is anyone really so shallow as to not want to race in a particular series just because of the start procedure?

IMO the "drag race" to the first corner from a standing start is just an ego trip - my car's faster than yours because my wallet's bigger than yours.

I certainly have no objection to a rolling start - as stated, I've just never tried it. And I definitely would not avoid a given series just because of its start procedure. Variety is the spice of life an' all that!

However, Midgetman's last comment about the 'drag race' to the first corner kind of touches on what I said earlier - I generally lose out in said 'drag race', possibly partly because my car isn't that quick off the line, and my wallet certainly ain't bigger than anyone's (I'm generally on pretty sh*gged out tyres for one!) - but I don't mind, because it's kinda fun spending the next couple of laps trying to stick it back to 'em! 'Them' in this case being the aforementioned 'bigger wallet' brigade.

Completely lost track now of what point, if any, I was trying to make...

Oh well, it's getting late, make of it what you will.