View Single Post
Old 13 May 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4109806)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let's not even go there. In race refuelling should never return. All it did was make more place changes happen in the pits rather than on the race track. And the other thing is now it's banned is that teams and drivers can choose when to pit, instead of having it dictated by when they need to refuel.

But the most justifiable reason it's banned is safety. The risk of something going wrong during refuelling was too much. And I'm not talking about drivers, but mechanics who aren't paid as much. We were lucky we didn't have anyone seriously injured during the refuelling era
I don't disagree as such with the safety aspect, but if the frenzy to pit as quickly as possible was removed, safety would be enhanced. As you know, I watch endurance racing where fuel stops obviously take place routinely and even with less experienced crews, safety issues are pretty rare. If we could be less worried about having to do a pitstop in what are insanely stupid times, I think that would be an improvement. You see nothing worth watching in a sub 3 second pit stop.