View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3892911)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
HRT offered Dodo a sponsorship deal for 1/3 of the cost they were providing to Tasman And that's just one example.

It's always interesting to see where precedents are set.
I think you need to do some work on your reading comprehension:

Quote:
If you talk about relative budgets, apparently the input into HRT's coffers from the ISP was around 1/3 of the required funding for a single car main series team.... which gives you a shedload more signage space than a side of a front spoiler....
Dodo were only paying 1/3 of what it cost to run a main game car, which might go some way to explaining by both Team Dynamik and Tasman were relatively nowhere.

You could also make a serious argument that if you're going to spend that much money, lets call it $600k/year in 2006 terms, that you could get a lot more bang for your buck ending up on the bumper and guards of a HRT car, as you could getting a full car out of a basketcase team that's underselling the value of it.

Let's also not forget that Dodo were with Team Dynamik in 2004, Tasman in 2005, so they had form for moving, and going to HRT from either one of those is a serious upgrade.

Tasman in 2006 also had the Firepower money which I'd imagine was quite a bit more than the Dodo money...

So we're back to the point, HRT never undersold a sponsorship. FPR/PRA did it over and over again. Notably with Trading Post.

Monster is really the only genuine sponsor PRA has ever developed and leveraged, every other one has been handed to them (Dunlop, Castrol, Orrcon, Caterpillar) or pinched (Trading Post, Pepsi, Bottle-O). Supercheap I will leave off that list, as they have moved around a lot, but they have stayed with PRA so I wonder if the price is good.

I guess you have to give them MEGA and Rabble.Club?