Thread: educational?
View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3748029)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Building a circuit for spectators you end up with Ricardo Tormo at Valencia, a stadium circuit, that is fine for Bikes and maybe lesser 4 wheel categories, but is too tight to let "big circuit cars" race on.

Designing even a stadium section of a larger track is easy as it inevitably breaks up the flow of the circuit or is little more than a hairpin with horseshoe grandstands (Hockenheim).

I tend to think of the types of corner I want (or over taking points), and then how I'd link them...straights, arcing curves, long esses etc. I usually re-design of atleast 2/3 of it (usually more than once), as I'll only be happy with the flow in parts. Where Granndstands etc then go would fit naturally around the circuit that point.