Thread: LM24 BMW at Le Mans 2011?
View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2592456)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Yes, this is all far out speculation, and the chance it's going to happen, small..

But i can't understand why Sauber isn't a ideal choice for BMW, as far as i know, Sauber and BMW has ended on a, sad, but good foot? They both gained a lot from their partnership.
Sauber is only a good partner for BMW if they need the resources that Sauber possesses, can't source them more efficiently elsewhere and if Sauber has the additional capacity. If Sauber is running an F1 car next year, given that Peter had to buy back the team, where will the additional resources come from? If BMW needs to manufacture a prototype (on short notice!) they could do so themselves or with other experienced subcontractors. If they need someone to run a prototype, they already have a direct link with one of the very best teams in the business (Schnitzer). So I don't see that the link is likely at all, despite the fact that I agree they had a relatively good synergistic relationship in F1.