Old 13 Mar 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2150543)   #63
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
The boycotts started 18 months ago when some of the ex members of the Group C Assoc in Victoria joined the VHRR and formed a good working relationship with the committee.

They are pushing for split grids, the Group C boys don't like getting beaten by Group A cars with smaller engines. About 4-5 years ago when I was a member of the Assoc. a rich banana bender with a good collection of cars openly refused to compete against Group A cars and even promised to withdraw his many entries at QR one weekend if the categories were combined in even just one race over the weekend. Personally, I can't see how this can benefit the categories or even take any steps towards obtaining split grids. Unless you can get 40 plus cars on a grid, no organiser is going to contemplate splitting the grid and having 10-12 in each race.

My favourite statement... "let's just go racing". I don't care if they be Group A or Group C, let's put on a show and have some fun. The results can be split by having a race within a race, just as they were divided in to classes in their respective categories. Promote it as Group A over and under 2 litre and Group C over and under 2 litre and have 4 races in one.

What do they (the Group C Assoc) do instead? Nine cars at Winton last year..whoopee! A race meeting where unless you were a member of the Group C Assoc, you didn't seem to get an entry form. Is this good for the category??? Don't get me wrong, I like Winton, the circuit and the staff are great.

They boycotted PI and Sandown, both of which are on their club championship calendar, is that the move of a clever group?
I knew of some divide but f*** didn't think it was that bad! Sounds like what's best for the category to grow! The Group C guys can't complain that much Stubber in his A9X was a top 5 consistently so they can be up there!