View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1817683)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 needs support races. It's expensive enough as it is, and whilst they're charging as much as they are and running pretty much sod all on the Sundays besides the main race, I have no desire to be anywhere near an F1 race these days.

It's kinda off-topic for a sportscar forum, but F1 could be such a good way of showing what each country has to offer motorsport-wise. For example, in Britain, get BTCC, BGT and F3 on the same bill as the GP. Shows everyone what the country's motorsport has to offer. Heck, it's gonna take up loads of paddock space, but it's a country's biggest motorsport event, and given the size of the gravel traps that the newer circuits have (i.e. the nearest grandstand being 3 miles away from the action), they ought to be equipped for this sorta thing anyway!?

I hear Australia used to put on quite a few decent support races at it's F1 race - why has this stopped!? F1 is supposed to be a major event, not the rip-off processional farce that it currently is.

Since sportscar racing is relatively unknown and underrated by the "masses", it would be great fun for a big crowd to see a GT series in action, particularly GT3 with it's really close racing. It would be publicity for the GT series, yet at the same time with F1 in it's current state, I'm quite glad that pukka GT car won't be gracing any F1 paddocks anytime soon.

Rant over lol