Thread: Grid 2
View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3355466)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
TOCA 2 is probably the greatest racing game of all time for me. It was amazing. The BTCC was so faithfully recreated, the racing, handling, wheel to wheel battles and difficulty level were just perfectly pitched, everything about it was just right, right down to the Formula Ford cars that were such a hoot to wrestle around Silverstone, scrabbling round corners, a touch of opposite lock on exit, amazing. I remember going all out for the championship on the hardest level, in a Nissan Primera, and losing out to David Leslie's consistancy despite winning far more races. I cruised to victory in the final feature race at Silverstone, knowing that if Leslie didn't finish in the top three I'd win the title, he finished third and I was genuinely, genuinely devastated to lose out. I could have restarted, but I knew that wouldn't have been "right".

What a game.
It is the perfect game. Nothing has bettered it.

I mastered it as a thirteen year old, managed to podium every race on hard, winning the majority (in a Nissan Primera too!). But it took a lot of hours to reach that level! Gaming was that good back then it was worth the time and effort to master games, now I just cannot be arsed.