View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3397713)   #115
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
The way I read his explanatory tweet is that he is considering setting chassis regs so that dimensions, seating, visibility all match current FIA P1 standards.

Theoretically this would allow re-engined non-hybrid P1 cars (e.g. Rebellion R1 with a stock-block Toyota motor,) and would also allow factories to build a single FIA prototype chassis for P1 and P2.

Audi, Toyota, and Porsche could sell customer cars with essentially GTE/GT3 (or whatever the GT+ motors will be) motors to both carry the corporate flag and inflate the corporate coffers.

P2 Penske Porsche, anyone?

All that seems really sensible to me, which makes me think I got it wrong.
Whether or not that is what he had in mind, I like that idea of using P1 chassis for P2 but with stock or gt engines.