View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4185625)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi, the memories fade as time goes on. As Bentley03 would tell you though, there are certain repetitive things we do that either aid the memory or sometimes fool it! This year I kept a pretty accurate diary on an app on my phone which I generally updated at the end of each day or first thing on the morning of the next. When I get home I then transfer that to a sort of timesheet for the week, marking the times and locations of any key events*. I try and do this as soon as possible before the fading memory sets in. But I also print out contact sheets for all my photos and add times to them from the photo data. Finally I export the Whatsapp conversations that our Le Mans group had while on the trip which adds a lot of useful info too. I then write the whole story out longhand first, which gives me the chance to use some of my extensive fountain pen collection.... This year I actually used voice dictation software as well to then dictate the story into Word and then into the website. It struggled particularly with 'Our Narj'...

*I've actually just completely revised my 2000 story and without the 'timesheet' I did for that year there would have been virtually no commentary at all as the memories were pretty limited after 23 years and all my photos were prints rather than digital!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Nov 2023 at 21:15.