View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3937351)   #1969
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To Bauble: I think that you may have misread what I wrote; I am purely referring to politicians, such as our MP who is financially supported by certain Crispin Odey who is a very wealthy hedge fund manager. Then there is Aaron Banks who pumps money into many leave campaigns, but who chooses to have his parent company (financial and insurance) resident outside the UK, using the Isle of Man, Gibraltar and elsewhere so as to avoid UK taxation.

I could go on, for example, about Mrs Leadsom whose brother in law, whose hedge fund business is headquartered in the Channel Islands, supports her in her Brexit campaign. But I won't. Hopefully you will get the picture.

To Peter: You are talking about past and present as far as regulations are concerned. It is pretty obvious that Johnson and his acolytes' plans are to reduce protections and wages in the future; leaks from Number 10 and elsewhere appear to confirm this.

I am now, for the third and final time, a retired business man, and with fairly conservative (small 'c', and not particularly in a political sense) views. But, I would like to think, one who had, and still maintains, a social conscience. Wages, and work conditions, are very important elements in cost overheads, but a well paid workforce can reap considerable benefits for an employer because a happy workforce tend to be far more productive in the long term, in my experience.