View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2803565)   #49
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead View Post
His car has been slower since silverstone - if anyone doesnt think that wasnt 'organised' is either stupid or niave.....I will be nice and say the latter.
I won't be sarcastic but you are on the wrong tram here!

The solution to this is quite a bit simpler IMO. At this level where 100ths or 1000ths (in the case of these 2 drivers) mean the difference between pole and 2nd, the tiniest differences count. Webber is a bigger guy than Vettel so he has less chance of distributing ballast in the car to make up the minimum weight. These small adjustments can explain those fractions of a second and with all the data available to engineers they can calculate (and test during practice) where the additional ballast can maximise handling. The designs of the car are at fault because I still honestly believe that Webber (at this stage) is a better racer than Vettel who is just not very good when behind. But if Vettel has pole and gets away cleanly, he will win barring mechanical failure. After Silverstone, Vettel raised his game because Webber was actually faster than him at that stage. The little weight distribution advantage is all he needed then. I suspect the same scenario happens at McLaren ... Button is a smarter and better racer but a much bigger guy than Hamilton so he concedes in qualifying and unfortunately in F1 today qualy is where 90% of races are won.

There is no way that a team could or would try to artificially manufacture a "slightly" faster car. It makes no sense and, apart from Turkey (turn Webbers engine down) and Siverstone (wing-gate) where they did try to get the favourite son in front, I think RBR did give every opportunity to both drivers and full marks for doing it right up to the death (even if it was to avoid critisism of hypocrisy). No doubt at all. As Mr V says, Webber would have wrapped it up himself in Korea if he had not binned it ... if that was in any small way due to having a broken shoulder then that is his fault (for the life of me I cannot understand mountain biking at a crucial stage of the season - just dumb risk IMO).

Conspiracy? Nothing to see here!