Old 18 Jan 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3190854)   #51
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Interested to know what the gearbox was - manual, or 4/5/6 speed auto? I have a BF XR6 with the ZF 6 speed, I reckon it's a great trans. The car has the OEM heavy duty tow kit, has towed my Z from Melb to Morgan Park and back capably and legally. Makes a hell of a lot better daily driver than the options I might be facing from 2016 onwards ... guess I'd better keep it in good condition!

I have very little interest in my next daily/towcar being a Navara, Hi-Lux, Ranger, Colorado etc.
Sorry RedZedMikey in my delay in getting back to you. The XR6's i have driven have all been the auto. I am in the minority i know but i just can't stand auto boxes. As it happens though, in normal auto mode it was just like any other auto, but i tried to use the tip-tronic thing and just hated it. Its the same with any other Tip-tronic i've driven, its just not like a manual.

That is just my opinion though, and like i say i will be in the minority (i think) when it comes to transmission selection.

The problem i have now is, when i go to upgrade my current car in 3 or 4 years, will there be any manuals left full stop?