View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4070443)   #1552
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had much the same experience, Only minor queues for QR code scanning, bigger wait for bag check.

Driving around was great without the traffic though!

But driving through Arnage was all a bit sad, the roadworks not helping. But they appear to have made the centre in to a red light district, all of the streetlights have red lighting wrapped around them!

TBh we felt safer from Covid there than here in the UK!

I didn't bother with RLM and I didn't really miss it, plenty of team info from social media, the WEC/LM app gave good timing info, and the big screens too.

Food at the circuit seemed a bit random in quality, but heyho I doubt that's any different to normal!

Coming back home and not wearing a mask did feel somewhat weird after a couple of weeks that's for sure.

Having the right paperwork to hand when travelling with Brittany Ferries made things go smoothly for us, but based on the slow progress of some cars through check-in I would guess they weren't properly prepared!

Mulsanne was strange without the camping, but the usual facilities were there, same at Arnage.

Managed to get a sneak peak at the cars at Arnage on test day due to the little bank where the road was changed a few years ago when they put the roundabout in, first time I have watched from that point, so that was a bonus!

It was great to catch up with friends after a couple of years.

All in all we were so glad we went, we wouldn't have missed it for the world, and we can say we were there in 2021