View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3931565)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Part of being a really good driver is also not letting personal feelings get in the way of a professional job.
How do you feel about Senna taking out Prost? Would you say Senna was not a 'really good driver' as a result of his actions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I though the whole thing was disgusting
I thought it a rather poetic form of justice - when people are prepared to sacrifice their own results just so a particular individual doesn't win I think it says more about that driver than the others. If it was only one or two drivers getting out of the way it's one thing, but when half the grid does it then that sends a message pretty loud and clear. I'd class Plato's many 'push to pass' moves as more 'disgusting' than drivers moving out of the way to ensure he doesn't win to be honest. From what I recall of being at that meeting most people near me were rather pleased at what was happening.