View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4135246)   #1569
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sounds very complicated, Gerard! Fortunately my French card doesn't expire until 2025 & my UK one until 2026 So hopefully I will have some time before I have to worry about such things.

I've been getting daily spam emails for a couple of weeks, often saying 'Facture' in the title, but the sender emails they are using are so rdiculous you would have to be very stupid to be taken in by them.

We went to a Pathe cinema on Saturday evening; just getting in has becomr so high-tech it was unreal. Michele had been given a couple of tickets for her birthday so we had to select what film we wanted to see on an enormous touchscreen, & then what seats etc... Very complicated & they had to have staff there to explain it all which rather defeated the object. Even buying a drink was a complicated press-button cashless affair.

After all that, the film was rather good, the life story of a French politician who survived Auschwitz & went on to do great things. At one point three Lancasters flew over, so I knew that wasn't true!