Thread: 2023 Season
View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4137259)   #147
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a bit early for a winter testing thread so thought i would just drop this here for now.

only 1 3 day test in Bahrain between feb 23-25.

i suspect that means the car launch windows will all be before that day or possibly at Bahrain itself.

someone with more expertise can comment on this, but will the rule changes to floor height mean teams will need to redesign their cars or can they (well the smaller teams anyways) get away with small upgrades to last years car to achieve this?

also a nice table part way down this link breaking down the amount of aero/wind tunnel/CFD testing the teams can do in 2023 based on how they finished in the previous season?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2...%20in%20action.

and someone with more expertise can comment on this, but given that work on the 2023 car started in 2022 (or earlier) does this mean that a reduction of allowable time in 2023 more greatly affect the design of the 2024 car (given that development work will start on that in 2023)?

following that logic and given that there is set to be a much larger rule change in 2026 can this be seen in a way which suggest that teams are being disincentivized to do well in 2024 in order to get more allotted time in 2025 with which to better develop for 2026?