View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2002, 18:06 (Ref:256630)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Re: can anyone tell me what the Anglesey Circuit is like?

Quote:
Originally posted by louis
does any one have any knowledge about the anglesey circuit?
what the circuit or the place is like?
information on which is the best way to get there?
It's a lovely little circuit. It's only about a mile long, but it's a very interesting mile! Think of it as a sort of mini-Cadwell & you'll get an idea of what it's like.

Facilities are very basic - no pit garages, etc., & catering is just a burger van sort of thing (excellent bacon butties!)......there's no bar

Although the facilities are basic, the toilets are clean & there's always a good supply of paper towels (unlike Mallory!), while the circuit staff are very friendly & helpful.

Spectator viewing looks good, although as I've only been there as a marshal, I've never actually stood in the speccie areas!

It's very easy to get to - just keep on the A55 until you see the brown tourist signs to the circuit, then it's about another 5 miles on the A4080. There's plenty of accomodation available around the circuit - it's only a couple of miles from Rhosneigr.

I've marshalled there for both cars & bikes & have yet to meet anybody, official, competitor or spectator, who didn't love the place. It's one of my favourite circuits.

The circuit has a website:

www.angleseycircuit.com