View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2776469)   #27
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Calling Cow-poo on that one. Except for a brief period in the early 80s, Germany's top-series has always been production-based (or at least production-based looking), and that's what people here are looking for...
That seems logical with a history of 25 years of marketing and promoting the serie (if that doesn't make the serie popular, nothing will) in Germany.
But i got the impression that A1gp or champcar (when they raced here) got higher interest over here in the Netherlands then DTM does. And those series had no promotion of manufacturers like DTM does.

I'm just not a believer that people will buy more audi a4's because it is raced in DTM. Imo they buy more cars because the brand is marketed and receives attention by racing. And that could just as easily have been a formula car. By that logic it is more important to race in a serie that gets attention, and nothing against DTM, but i just think that sportcars or a formula like Cart attracts more interest from race-fans worldwide (assuming equal promotion).