Thread: Lola T240
View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3378826)   #50
Mike Winn
Rookie

Mike Winn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANAN View Post
Chris, I don't know much of the cars history in the open wheeled configuration..however Ralph Denny a prior owner and current owner does. email..redenney@msn.com.... he would be happy to fill in the blanks. The car was purchased by Lynn Hanover prior to 1980 from the Colunbus Ohio area and rebodied for the Can-Am......very sorry to say! In 1980 it ran in the Lumbermans race at Mid-Ohio. Again, in 1981 at MO at the Lumbermans..I co- drove..DNS thank god..we were running the twin cam Ford or Lotus motor that came in the car. No power compared to the really fast cars in the field. 1982 Lumberman race..1983 Lumbermans. During this time frame the car was also run in A/SR in club races. The last race it competed in as far as I know was the 1985 Lumbermans race at MO..it was re-done into the IMSA GTP configuration to run the Camel Lights group. Ralph bought the car back and still has it. It's a shame that it stiil isn't in it's original configuration. Any idea where to advertise the body work that I have? I'd hate to see both piece go to the wayside. Thanks........Mike Canan
Mike Canan;
I have the Lola HU1 that was converted to the IMSA GTP Lite series and am interested in the original body work. Mike Winn winnmill@windstream.net