View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3810343)   #71
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
To F1guys’s post above. I agree that they should have more options. But the penalty should hurt. I have zero faith in the typical financial penalty that is given for driver infractions.

I also have nothing against Ricciardo. I don’t think he was trying to be dangerous or reckless, but rather he was the unfortunate soul who inadvertently selected himself to be used as an example for others. It’s also unfortunate it was his home GP.

Let’s say they have decided to crack down on this. If they let Ricciardo slide on this one (popular with the crowd, etc), but then brought the hammer down on the next guy... everyone would point to the inconsistent application of the rules.

Richard
Just to add perspective, they threw the red flag to investigate a loose cable, there was no stricken car or marshalls on track.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk