Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3922729)   #1450
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so do public displays of nationality/citizenship still have a place in F1?

with everything that is going on in the world, is celebrating birth right citizenship 'too political' for a sport that tries to distance itself in every other way from the politics of the world/places they travel to?

more to the point, if a team claims to be born out of Country X, while competing out of Country Y, but is registered (effectively naturalized) in Country Z for tax purposes does it really matter where a driver is from?

i guess the question going forward then is F1 presenting itself as competition space beyond boarders/a truly global competition above the confines of national ideologies more in keeping with the mind set of future generations?