View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3870490)   #32
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Mikkelsen will do the whole season along with Neuville while Sordo and Loeb will do share the third car, leaving Paddon out.
Ah - thanks - I'd either missed that or forgotten it - so I'd agree, it's not the best lineup they could have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
There aren't enough cars for drivers who belongs in the WRC IMO. The repercussions of other teams (VW leaving and now Citroen only fielding two cars etc) has turned things upside down for drivers.
Agreed - I think the problem is that you don't get privateer entries in WRC now - I guess the current generation of WR cars is just too expensive to run for a full season on a privateer budget?

WRC2 is a good class as a support and I think entry costs there are more achievable for privateers as the 'off the shelf' R5 cars are readily available. I think maybe better coverage of the WRC2 class would be a good step - the action there certainly seems to warrant it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I still think the WRC is a lot more competitive than it was a decade ago
Agreed - this last couple of seasons since the latest cars were introduced have been really good. Next season will be interesting with all the driver moves but hopefully it'll still be as close.