View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4173109)   #73
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Yep, I think the Levorg was the last straw with the longitudinal engine can be rwd if the car is 4wd loop hole. And that particular loop hole got closed.

But I bet a manufacturer backed entry might re-open it
Really can't see any manufacturer properly backing the BTCC any time soon. Marketing wise it's a bit dirty and against their message is it not?

Even the hybrid thing. Since they discovered that the unit tears itself apart if used for the electric lap to the grid (and it's cost that's preventing a fix) it just doesn't appeal.

I can see the point of letting RWD fall away then banning it in case somebody developed an advantage with a new one. I'm not that technical, but I imagine balancing a grid full of FWD machines would be easier (although TCR can't seem to manage it that well) because, like it or not, BTCC is a BoP type of championship.

I've a feeling that the costs are going to bite the championship really hard in a couple of seasons - even if Nick Halstead opening up videos for marketing means that get more money from sponsors (which it won't....)