Thread: IMSA Race 2018 Mosport
View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3835592)   #55
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just finished watching the race on delay, and I feel like I have no idea what happened. The number of passes that were missed was truly amazing, and I felt like the fox guys weren't sure what was going on either. I was watching the position scroll at the top and it was jumping all over the place. Soon after the announcers said don't look at that it is wrong. Wtf? It seemed to stay wrong for a lot of the race too. I'm not sure I saw a pad by the 54 on track, they would all the sudden be a couple places up and there was no explanation. The broadcast still never said for sure what the timing of the pass for the lead was in relation to the yellow. They thought Braun passed under yellow and gave the position back, which evidently want the case.

Also felt like the imsa team dictated the yellow around the Ford with about 25 minutes left. Could have thrown the yellow at any point, but waited till the Ford was in the pits....

Mosport is still amazing and I enjoyed parts of this race, but the tv production was crap. It was like they tried to give all classes equal time and showed all the cars no matter what the active battle was. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more with the live radio and timing.