View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3898128)   #813
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Why would Ron Dennis, want to buy into Williams? Recouping all the costs, would be financial suicide.
If we recall rightly, Mr Dennis put/was putting a consortium together at one stage to buy out the other partners at McLaren... it didnt come off... but you might imagine the connections to funding may still be around.

I am not saying it could be Mr Dennis, but the same idea of converting an ailing Force India into a Racing point could occur to someone else besides Mr Stroll & friends.

Any talk of 'losing the family connection' becomes moot surely at the lack of vision, the lack of action around bringing the team back to the front... Pouting and generally looking grumpy isnt a patch on hiring well, sourcing the right technical partners and putting genuinely fast pilots in the toys...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods