View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2705144)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm getting bored with details on this so I'll probably post the full thing over at some point in the next few days. Probably Thurs or Friday next week ... Work permitting.

In addition to the drag strip and the racing circuit there is also a Karting Circuit.
It's typical there hasn't even been mention of a karting circuit for months, and while I'm working on my own design, a real one appears in My Tracks).

Some detail of the Karting centre and also of the Drag strip.

The karting circuit's GP layout is 970m long and 6 metres wide.
There are 4 other main configurations:
A full perimeter,
The option to miss out the first infield section
The option to miss out second Infield section
An option to link the 2 infield sections in order to miss out the "Hairpin Loop".

There is also an option that can be used with any configuration, that has an Esses onto and elongated S/F rather than a tight chicane.
Larger fields might wish to use the Long straight to start the race and then use the chicane once running.

The Drag Strip, I've cheated slightly in that it is modelled on the Santa Pod drag strip in the UK.
It's a Quarter Mile (400m), strip on a straight that runs for a full 1 km With a gravel trap at the end of that.
Attached Thumbnails
Drag Kart Centre 1.jpg   Drag Kart Centre 2.jpg   Drag Glimpse 2.jpg