View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3335110)   #12
Chipwizard
Rookie

Chipwizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have been of great help.

However, I suspect I may need further 'great help' with this over the coming weeks and feel cheeky just keep prodding you for help and info. Might you be willing to accept some remuneration in exchange for future further assistance?

Amongst other things, I seem to be struggling to find out how to assign, or derive, an actual channel from the numbered CAN channels. I'm clearly missing something (probably simple) somewhere. It's fine making a table from the .cll of CAN01, CAN02.....CAN26... but what does each channel represent, or how do you get it to represent what you want it to? (such as throttle angle, engine temp, rpm, gear position as CAN data from the engine ECU)
I have an SRT-EDL-32 that I'd like to use but it looks likely I'll run out of analogue inputs between the two devices for all the chassis inputs I'd like to include, so unless there are expansion modules (like there used to be with older Marelli stuff) I may have to ditch the lot and use something else, which would be a shame.
I do also have a DAS-4 logger that I could use for expansion but I'm not sure how compatible the two generations of system are with regard to CAN data, or if either side could be configured so that they will communicate with each other. I assume that they can't be VERY different because the MT940 Dash I have with the DAS-4 logger stuff is also listed as a usable dash with the SRT ECU.

I think the suggestion of a forum for Marelli users is a great idea. I've come across so many people over the years with race cars that have perfectly good systems installed, such as Clio Cup cars etc, yet you speak to their owners and get "we can't figure out how to use it so we don't bother..."

I've emailed Marelli three times over the last couple of months about buying software and training but have had no reply. It would suit me to get training from them over the winter months when I'm less busy with work. I've been down to see Mick at Bikesports Developments and he sold me a few hours training with Vision on the SRT ECU but he only does bikes and has no experience with the DDU dash, only the MDU, so he couldn't help me with any of that side of things.

Let me know if you'd like some remuneration for your efforts helping me to get sorted.

Cheers.