View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1343284)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are right about Mitsubishi, they did indeed rally a 4WD Starion, it was used on the Hong Kong Beijing and crashed into a ouse if my memory serves me right.
Skoda did a car but it was just a more powerful and wider 130LR that a Czech guy turned up with at a Croft rallycross meeting a few years ago!
Opel had two cars I think, the 4S was supercharged and did a few rallies in Andrew Woods hands, plus it was mid engined with the engine far behind the front axle, then the one Joh Welch based his car on was the Paris Dakar machine using a Manta 400 engine.
Think I have seen piccies of a SEAT Ibiza that looked a bit racy, and some of the stuff Damseaux drove in South Africa was quite serious wasn't it!
Anyway if watched as much rallycross as I did in the late eighties, you could have seen where it was going and those cars on rally stages were silly!!